Re: [rtcweb] Review request for RTCWeb standard signaling protocol

"Ravindran Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Fri, 07 October 2011 06:09 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:35:53 +0530
From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Review request for RTCWeb standard signaling protocol

Inaki,

I understand that you don't want any signaling protocol for RTCWeb  to be standardized. I'm strong believer of "something is better than nothing". Also, My standard signaling protocol proposal is never a hindrance to your innovative custom-build signaling protocol (SIP over websocket) development and the standard signaling protocol is not meant for you in case you are building custom-build signaling protocol.

From the RTCweb client programmer perspective, there will be an set of API for building custom build signaling and another top level API which is based on proposed standard signaling. I could not understand why are you so against the standardization of the signaling protocol.

Thanks
Partha