Re: [rtcweb] Use Case draft

"Jim Barnett" <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com> Mon, 30 April 2012 13:08 UTC

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:07:48 -0700
From: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
To: Tim Panton <tim@phonefromhere.com>, "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Use Case draft

I think that there are two different issues here.

1)      In many cases the call center would like to have information
about the caller's web session:  what page he is on, browsing history
information, etc.  This can be passed in the data channel.

2)      However, this does not require that the caller be authenticated
(i.e. identified as a specific individual).  The call center wants  to
know that the caller has been looking at, e.g., warranty info for
cameras on their site, but doesn't  particularly need to know the
caller's name (they can get that during the call if they need it.)

-          Jim