Re: [rtcweb] Regarding Federation Arguments

Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Thu, 03 November 2011 11:54 UTC

From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:48:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.54.32]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Regarding Federation Arguments

I agree with the consensus that there is no need to mandate any signaling protocol as Federation protocol for WebRTC. Let Federation protocol be SIP or Jingle or any signaling protocol for that matter.

I'm interested in asking the folks whether WG will be interested to see the "informational" draft on mapping with WebRTC signaling (ROAP + other mechanism) to standard federation protocol like SIP, Jingle. draft-kaplan-rtcweb-sip-interworking-requirements-00 focus on the interworking with deployed SIP devices. My proposal is to extend the draft to  accommodate other standard federation protocol and also consider the possible other deployment scenario. The intention of the draft is to provide the implementation guidelines for the WebRTC Federation.

Thanks
Partha