Re: [rtcweb] How to multiplex between peers

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 21 July 2011 10:44 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>, Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>, Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:44:38 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] How to multiplex between peers

This discussion seems to be hovering in some sort of middle ground.

Either 1)

It has not decided what transport to use for real time data, in which case it should document the requirements for such a transport protocol, and then evaluate whether existing solutions meet those requirements, versus developing an entirely new protocol.

Or 2)

I has decided that RTP should be used, in which case it should identify the shortcomings (i.e. a set of requirements on how it needs to be further developed) and send these to the AVTCORE working group.

Neither of those seem to be happening at the moment.

Regards

Keith