Re: [rtcweb] A different perspective on the video codec MTI discussion

Daryl Malas <D.Malas@cablelabs.com> Fri, 15 March 2013 15:41 UTC

From: Daryl Malas <D.Malas@cablelabs.com>
To: Erik Lagerway <erik@hookflash.com>, Chris Wendt <chris@chriswendt.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:41:37 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.5.0.27]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] A different perspective on the video codec MTI discussion

+1 to both Chris and Erik's follow-up.

--Daryl

From: Erik Lagerway <erik@hookflash.com<mailto:erik@hookflash.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:17 PM
To: Chris Wendt <chris@chriswendt.net<mailto:chris@chriswendt.net>>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org<mailto:rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org<mailto:rtcweb@ietf.org>>

+1

Well said Chris, this is pretty much what I wrote earlier today...
http://blog.webrtc.is/2013/03/14/rtcweb-webrtc-mti-video-codec-debate-continues/

The WG has been through this debate many times and it seems rather obvious that this is not likely to get resolved anytime soon.

Let's remove the MTI video codec requirement now and get on with life.

/Erik