Re: [rtcweb] Resolving RTP/SDES question in Paris

"Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Sat, 17 March 2012 04:13 UTC

From: "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 04:13:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [121.242.142.186]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Resolving RTP/SDES question in Paris

Randell,

In my usecase, the application will not be able to access the website without VPN connection . Please explain your bid-down attack in my usecase.

You can speculate that all intranet in the world shall be broken in a moment if they use HTTP but IMO, it is just speculation. IETF specification has to be generic enough to serve all the deployment rather than handling some specific mechanism or application only.

Thanks
Partha