Re: [rtcweb] RTCWeb default signaling protocol [was RE: About defining a signaling protocol for WebRTC (or not)]

"Ravindran Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Mon, 19 September 2011 05:27 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:59:08 +0530
From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: cbran <cbran@cisco.com>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, Jim McEachern <jim.mceachern@genband.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] RTCWeb default signaling protocol [was RE: About defining a signaling protocol for WebRTC (or not)]

Ted/Cary,

I agree with you totally. The intention of RTCWeb default signaling
protocol is to build the real-time application by any JavaScript web
developer without the understanding intricacies of underlying signaling
protocol. Also, the default signaling protocol is not going to stop any
innovative new or existing signaling protocol in RTCWeb client(browser).

IETF provides default signaling protocol and W3C provides browser API.

Thanks

Partha