Re: [rtcweb] Consensus call regarding media security

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Thu, 29 March 2012 15:19 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:19:34 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Consensus call regarding media security

I agree that there was clear consensus on mandating the use of SRTP but it was not clear to me what the consensus is regarding the use of SRTP with a null cipher. Does the statement "there was overwhelming consensus that all RTP packets SHALL be protected by SRTP" mean that the null cipher will not be allowed?

Regards
Andy