Re: [rtcweb] Current state of signaling discussion

"Ravindran Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Tue, 18 October 2011 23:13 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 04:42:20 +0530
From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org, rtcweb-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Current state of signaling discussion

Hi Hadriel,

As you know in most of the IP real-time signaling protocol (SIP+SDP,
H.323(H.225, H.245), MGCP+SDP), there are two aspects

1) Signaling (SIP, H.225)
2) Media description (SDP offer/answer, H.245)

In case of Websocket or long poll HTTP, these protocol act as signaling
whereas media description is missing. ROAP will fill this signaling
protocol gap for websocket/HTTP.

Thanks
Partha

Behalf