Re: [rtcweb] To multiplex or not!

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Wed, 20 July 2011 09:49 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:49:19 +0200
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] To multiplex or not!

Magnus, I cannot parse your list of choices.

In the case where you have

Sender A
Recipient B
Three video streams going from A to B
Three audio streams going from A to B
One video stream going from B to A
One audio stream going from B to A

with the application not requiring the network to treat the packets any
differently, and with the application using the CNAME mechanism to match
audio streams with corresponding video streams

it is completely unclear to me whether your choice A) requires 8
transport flows, 4 transport flows or 2 transport flows, and it is
completely unclear to me what C) actually means. (I assume "transport
flow" = "RTP sessions" here)

Please - can you clarify what your question is intended to mean?

                  Harald