Re: [rtcweb] VP8 litigation in Germany?

<Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com> Mon, 11 March 2013 15:06 UTC

From: Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com
To: stewe@stewe.org, rtcweb@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:06:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [130.129.134.1]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] VP8 litigation in Germany?

Hi all,

I am not personally aware of any more details of this case than what is included below. However, I have been in contact with the Nokia Legal department about it. It is true that Nokia believes we have IPR related to VP8. Although the disclosure obligations are not entirely clear in this case as seen e.g. in [1], Nokia is preparing to do a disclosure about it to the IETF, "to ensure that IETF working groups and participants have as much information about any IPR constraints on a technical proposal as possible", as stated in RFC 3979. That's all the information I have right now, but I will keep this list updated as soon as something new comes up.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06578.html

Markus