Re: [rtcweb] Use case change request: Identity in multiuser calls

Igor Faynberg <igor.faynberg@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 11 August 2011 23:01 UTC

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:01:29 -0400
From: Igor Faynberg <igor.faynberg@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Henry Sinnreich <henry.sinnreich@gmail.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org, Phil Zimmermann <prz@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Use case change request: Identity in multiuser calls

Yes, definitely, this is a good course of action--to discuss it with the
authors.

To this end, I will piggy-back another question.

Do I understand it right that an endpoint  would need to share a secret
with every other endpoint it would need to authenticate or be
authenticated by?  If not, how could DH exchange be authenticated (to
avoid MiTM)?

Igor