Re: [rtcweb] Confirmation of F2F Interim meeting

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Fri, 20 April 2012 06:56 UTC

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:56:43 +0200
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Confirmation of F2F Interim meeting

On 2012-04-20 00:52, Mary Barnes wrote:
> I looked on Google maps and it indicates an 18 minute drive to Kista,
> but it looks like a 45 min trip as opposed to 30.  Of course, I just did
> the calculation from Central Kista to Central Stockholm, so that doesn't
> account for the walking to/from meeting location (which perhaps is
> closer than the route I measured) nor to/from hotels in the City center.

Well, why would you be driving? The subway system takes approx 17
minutes between T-centralen and Kista station. If you would driving to
and from central Stockholm in rush hour, which is what you will face
arriving between 8-9 in the morning and going back around 18, it can
definitely takes 30-40 minutes. Plus you have to pay congestion charges
when entering or leaving downtown. Plus the expense of parking.

As we haven't managed to get a solid booking on a meeting room yet I
can't say exactly where the meeting will be held. I still think staying
in the city center will be a good option for most as it gives easy
access to a very large selection of restaurants.

My recommendation is to not rent a car. Use the subway system or other
trains to get around. A 72 hour (3 day) ticket for the subway, local
trains and buses are 230 sek for unlimited travel. Anyone attending both
the CLUE and WebRTC meetings a 7-day unlimited travel ticket might be a
good buy, it cost 300 sek. Of course single tickets or strips for a
limited number of trips are available (For more information on Stockholm
local travel (http://sl.se/). The unlimited tickets even work on some
boat lines.

To get to and from the airport if you would staying in Kista you take a
Taxi approx 400 sek. If one goes downtown and have a hotel in the
vicinity of the central station then taking Arlanda Express
(http://www.arlandaexpress.com) is a good option. 260 sek for single or
490 for a return ticket. This is an express train that takes 20 min from
Arlanda to Centralen. Taxi Arlanda to central Stockholm is available for
a fixed price from most Taxi companies which is around 520 sek.

Important about Taxi in Stockholm. This is a de-regulated market. The
driver or their companies can basically set the fares in the meters
freely. The only requirement is that they have a yellow sticker visible
that gives you a comparison price for a trip. They also need to display
the drivers Taxi license. I strongly recommend that you use one of the
three big companies:

- Taxi 020 		http://www.taxi020.se/
- Taxi Stockholm  	http://www.taxistockholm.se/
- Taxi Kurir 		http://www.taxikurir.se/stockholm

The highest comparison price for a regular sized car shouldn't be more
than around 310 Sek. If it is more than 400 you are definitely getting
ripped off.

Taxi is quite expensive in Sweden. A plus side is that all the big
companies do take credit cards.

> Also, just to confirm, Ericsson is also still willing to host the CLUE
> meeting?

Yes, we are.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund