Re: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-12.txt

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 06 November 2014 20:00 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:00:25 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.39]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-12.txt

A few comments:

General: I believe the overview document should include the gateway document, rather than being a separate document.

2.4: Definition of WebRTC device: This refers to protocols, but does not say what the scope of those protocols are. Does it include only the protocols listed in this document, other protocols that could be used in conjunction with webrtc, or what.

5: My understanding is that one of the security documents is a requirements document, which leads to the other document containing the security specification. Therefore the reference to the first should be at most informative, and the normative reference only to the second. I sought clarification on this at the last meeting, and that was the understanding I received.

I believe it would be useful to have an offline discussion in Honolulu to spend some time reviewing the overview and gateway documents. Would there be an hour somewhere to slot this in. It would at least be useful to know what direction you think should be taking on the on-list discussion of some of the terms.

Regards

Keith