Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text for remote recording use case

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Wed, 24 August 2011 08:39 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:40:14 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Proposed text for remote recording use case

Cullen,

Since I posted the proposed text, I have attempted to clarify things in a different thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg00707.html
This may help to clarify things. My proposed text might require refinement, depending on the outcome of that other thread.

HTTP post is not what is really needed here - in common with the SIPREC work, the idea is to send real-time media in real-time (over RTP), for similar reasons that RTC-Web uses peer-to-peer RTP. Some recording devices use real-time analytics, and need to receive the information without significant delay.

John