[rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements - HTTP Only Firewall.

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Wed, 10 July 2013 14:00 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "rt >> \"rtcweb@ietf.org\"" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:00:08 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Subject: [rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements - HTTP Only Firewall.

Hi,

Regarding the use case in 3.2.3 covering a HTTP only FW the text states:

"This use-case is almost identical to the Simple Video Communication Service use-case (Section 3.2.1).  The difference is that one of the users is behind a FW that only allows http traffic".

This needs to be changed to allow for the common case when a HTTP Proxy is deployed so I suggest changing the last sentence to

"The difference is that one of the users is behind a FW that only allows traffic via a HTTP Proxy".

There also needs to be a corresponding change to requirement F37.

I believe we have previously discussed changing this but have to admit I could not fine the e-mail chain so maybe it was during a meeting.

Regards
Andy