Re: [rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-05 - Subsequent Offers

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com> Wed, 06 November 2013 19:10 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com>
To: Parthasarathi R <partha@parthasarathi.co.in>, 'Justin Uberti' <juberti@google.com>, 'Paul Kyzivat' <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:10:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-05 - Subsequent Offers

I would just like to say that I agree with the points raised by Paul and Partha here that it has to be possible for the application to create an offer with a complete set of current capabilities.  The reason for this is of course interoperability with existing SIP implementations which need this.  Having to create a new peer connection and force use of INVITE with replaces doesn’t work well with existing implementations and would be a high cost to pay for what is hopefully a simple API constraint to create a full offer.

Regards
Andy