Re: [rtcweb] Tim Panton's choices

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 31 December 2013 05:24 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Tim Panton <tim@phonefromhere.com>, Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 05:23:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.41]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Tim Panton's choices

No.

Video was one component within a frame structure defined by H.221 that also included the audio and data.

That frame structure could leave a video component with 46.4 kbit within a single B-channel. As far as I can remember the video occupies all the space not otherwise allocated to audio, etc, therefore there could be all sorts of bandwidth figures depending on the number of B-channels allocated, and the space taken by other media.

Not sure how much active changing of  bandwidth there might have been once the call was set up.

Keith