Re: [rtcweb] Codec Draft

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Fri, 04 November 2011 09:08 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:07:48 +0100
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: "Bran, Cary" <Cary.Bran@plantronics.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "rtcweb-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <rtcweb-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Codec Draft

WG,

Cary has tried to clarify his statement below, but for clarity:

There is no WG consensus on this document.

The WG chairs have made no decision yet to even call for adoption.

We will have 30 minutes in Taipei to discuss Codecs and Codec selection
for WebRTC. Please consider this draft one proposal for a starting point
in this selection. The other individual document that provides any views
on the codecs are:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wenger-rtcweb-layered-codec/

So please review both in preparation for the discussion.

We WG chairs encourage discussion on the mailing list and feedback to
the authors of the documents.

Cheers

Magnus

--