Re: [rtcweb] [avtext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-fineberg-avtext-temporal-layer-ext-00.txt

Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Tue, 23 July 2013 19:07 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
To: Adam Fineberg <fineberg@vline.me>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:07:16 -0700
Cc: "avtext@ietf.org" <avtext@ietf.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] [avtext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-fineberg-avtext-temporal-layer-ext-00.txt

I do not think it is necessary to "support all forms of scalability for all codecs".   In fact, I would make that an explicit "non-goal".  All that was suggested is to try to create a single extension that supports a few common cases.   If it is possible to handle VP8, VP9 and H.264/SVC in a single extension that would be sufficient.  So why not limit it to that?