Re: [rtcweb] Pictures of congestion control on the Internet - which is more realistic?

Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no> Thu, 24 April 2014 12:27 UTC

From: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:27:01 +0200
To: Karl Stahl <karl.stahl@intertex.se>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Pictures of congestion control on the Internet - which is more realistic?

On 24. apr. 2014, at 13:24, Karl Stahl wrote:

> [...]

Just as a data point, at least the official bit-torrent client uses a variant of LEDBAT ( RFC 6817 ) called uTP AFAIK, which is a mechanism that can better saturate a link than TCP in the absence of TCP, but is designed to back off fast to avoid getting in the way (by detecting growing queuing delay) when TCP is present.

Cheers,
Michael