Re: [rtcweb] Decision confirmations needed

Sean Turner <> Wed, 31 March 2021 02:58 UTC

Return-Path: <>
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1EB683A130E for <>; Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:58:02 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.098
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.098 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_BLOCKED=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001, URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key)
Received: from ([]) by localhost ( []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id RoWqDtL8o4H3 for <>; Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from ( [IPv6:2607:f8b0:4864:20::733]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 6DB603A1307 for <>; Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by with SMTP id o5so18091229qkb.0 for <>; Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=google; h=from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date:references :to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=LTj5086knSUPA5ak6cioxIAMaUZ8RCpxWYiw9tQdg8c=; b=V7zERvNZ1oXs9+aTvju75F2SCiqeQZrVcMScSBVUVgGtnMONV4k6iVTpKiCMNpRu46 LF5Yv+XMggimRK6C7cvEnZ7g06UStBXC308/Sn1WxyTqylMPyJtIUzp+vv7eKe8tW74G G768Nc0/rMfqUg+YwOmC10NDf6yVbNWm/75rc=
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=20161025; h=x-gm-message-state:from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version :subject:date:references:to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=LTj5086knSUPA5ak6cioxIAMaUZ8RCpxWYiw9tQdg8c=; b=Giv1FG67C6ZMGe08gu7RXq9uEXX1ravm24xw4e20bFxWcfzG30Zdi3gxUyHKiydnrq lieq/m8gIDEYRIVYb6NV2BVfG/8kAeqP260BpTCSQcTX9HvXqA4LFI8H7l3vtVvjfl3E ko+4X0XhYmXn7rQ0AlMxw5kb3a6ksOFLFKS/LuLitv1gLD1TEx5ks2SJittaWEaPs7WL NETENt5wW/RckJKorE+mgYHjg8KxzhIGEWq8ZVMcuYHEMz6HWsJAXu+YoJC2tpSma5RE HoR4Ro3aHiGZhBCYonkRAwy6gqp/Wgvbu6U0r3qXPAfofPRkx5oYHkR0Bf/fqGsBcXJM oFrw==
X-Gm-Message-State: AOAM531lGEDqgZJ9pQwUMMO/OneMzZShz/XGHzTMIKBjVlTdq3bK+R0A M4MIrmemKWfugAzEmmIABfnh8ka5sWPxyQ==
X-Google-Smtp-Source: ABdhPJy9OrKHUqNGy3S3Qdy9buTNlx6vU2F5+4kJ7SCJbWyQ93LO7AET0K+e6z7VovImg8BksB4hrw==
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:108f:: with SMTP id g15mr1289579qkk.298.1617159475351; Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:57:55 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from [] ( []) by with ESMTPSA id a19sm533703qkl.126.2021. (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:57:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sean Turner <>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 14.0 \(3654.\))
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:57:53 -0400
References: <> <> <>
To: Christer Holmberg <>, RTCWeb IETF <>
In-Reply-To: <>
Message-Id: <>
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.3654.
Archived-At: <>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Decision confirmations needed
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers working group list <>
List-Unsubscribe: <>, <>
List-Archive: <>
List-Post: <>
List-Help: <>
List-Subscribe: <>, <>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 02:58:02 -0000

At this point, I think we are going to call this plan done and dusted. Let’s get to it!


> On Mar 29, 2021, at 09:25, Christer Holmberg <> wrote:
> Hi,
> For your information, the MMUSIC chairs and AD have suggested the same approach for BUNDLE: make a BUNDLE-bis instead of a patch/update draft. So far nobody has objected to that suggestion.
> Regards,
> Christer
> From: rtcweb <> On Behalf Of Ted Hardie
> Sent: maanantai 29. maaliskuuta 2021 15.45
> To: RTCWeb IETF <>
> Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Decision confirmations needed
> Greetings,
> It has been a week since I sent this to the list and there have been no objections and some additional support since then.  Mindful, though, that I did not set a deadline, I'd ask that anyone with any concerns to please raise them by April 1, 2021 18:00 UTC.  
> thanks,
> Ted Hardie
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 9:10 AM Ted Hardie <> wrote:
> At the recent meeting there were several decisions which need confirmation.
> First, the resolution of the core question of the mismatch between BUNDLE and JSEP was:
> * Switch BUNDLE to match JSEP [Christer volunteered to do it].
> If you object to this result, please send a message to the list explaining why and what you would like to see instead.
> For the mechanism to accomplish that, the group in the meeting agreed to:
> * Create a new "max-bundle-safe" [name TBD] with current "max-bundle-behavior". Document that "max-bundle" used to exist and now has unspecified and deprecated behavior.
> If you object to this result, please send a message to the list explaining why and what you would like to see instead. Note that if you object to the first point and your reason for the second objection is that you prefer something else there, you do not need to object again.
> On a functional basis the plan i  to re-rev JSEP in place rather than to do a patch draft.   If you object to that revision plan, please send a message to the list explaining why and what you would like to see instead.
> Christer will discuss the same thing for BUNDLE with the ADs and chairs; if you have an opinion on that, please send it to the ADs and chairs of both RTCWEB and MMUSIC.
> If you are okay with these results and did not voice your opinion at the meeting, please send your confirmation to the list.
> Thanks,
> Ted Hardie
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list