Re: [rtcweb] ICE does not work if both peers are behind symmetric NAT

Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com> Sun, 25 September 2011 22:35 UTC

Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:38:31 -0400
From: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
To: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6@gmail.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] ICE does not work if both peers are behind symmetric NAT

What I meant was that RTC client should have TURN support, but should be
able to fallback to use case when only STUN server is available. In real
life TURN server might not always be available to the application developer.
TURN servers for large applications can consume a lot of bandwidth and
typically not offered as a free service. On the other hand, STUN servers a
not resource intensive at all.
Roman Shpount