Re: [rtcweb] Comments to use-cases/reqs document

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Tue, 12 July 2011 15:02 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:02:45 +0200
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Comments to use-cases/reqs document

On 07/12/11 16:35, Stephan Wenger wrote:
> Hi Harald,
> If you define "simple" as "minimum functionality", then there should also
> be a use case "not quite so simple; offer at least the user experience you
> get from a Skype client today".  That use case may well turn out to be
> more popular than the "simple" use case according to your definition.
> However, my preference would be not to assume minimalistic use cases, but
> rather tune the level of mandation of the requirements.  (So I'm in
> Stefan's camp -- keeping the number of use cases reasonable)
I'm all for "reasonable", but my "reasonable" may be different from
yours.... the sum of all requirements should indeed allow us to build
equivalents to Skype or Google Talk on top of this platform (except for
the parts that don't make sense, of course :-) ), but I find it easier
to talk about auto-zoom to keep head size constant (for instance - at
least one Skype beta supported that) as a separate use case, not merged
with the "basic use case".