Re: [rtcweb] AVPF vs AVP

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Fri, 16 September 2011 05:51 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:53:49 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] AVPF vs AVP

Hi,

>This is not the issue, since the capneg talks about how to
>address the systems that do not support it.

I think it is. Because, if they don't support CapNeg, they will still end up using AVP - even if they support AVPF - because that is the only thing they will understand in the offer.

>In the current proposal it will work as long as it will have
>a distinction when to send AVP or AVPF and for video calls it
>must say that you MUST send AVPF regardless of what is the
>system on the other side otherwise it will fail to achieve a
>reasonable video call.
>What I object is to always sending AVP with AVPF information.
>This usage should be based on the type of media that is being
>used (video MUST always use AVPF!!!!) Roni

I don't anyone has suggested that you are not allowed to mandate AVPF for video. You can do that by including AVPF in the video m= line.

Regards,

Christer