Re: [rtcweb] API draft: draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Fri, 21 October 2011 11:22 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:22:30 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] API draft: draft-kaplan-rtcweb-api-reqs-00

Hi,

I am not sure I understand.

We need to specify what is to be used by the JS library developers. If they then design libraries that allow people to set up calls using 20 lines of code, fine, but how can WE enforce that to happen?

I don't think we can say that the API WE specify shall allow setting up a call using 20 lines. We can only hope (and, of course, do whatever we can do in order to allow that to happen) that the API WE specify allows someone ELSE to produce a library which then allows users to set up calls using 20 lines :)

Or?

Regards,

Christer