Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus on Use Case for Screen/Application/Desktop sharing

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Fri, 30 September 2011 09:34 UTC

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:37:03 +0200
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: rtcweb@ietf.org, draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus on Use Case for Screen/Application/Desktop sharing

WG,

This is the conclusion of this call for consensus.

I see a consensus for A, but there is a few individuals objecting
against it.

For B the is more significant push back from quite many individuals. The
main arguments being security concerns and the time required to analyze
the security concerns and find a solution for them. The security
concerns include both consent issues and questions of control
(allowing/disallowing) of the functionality within enterprises etc.

Thus my determination is that A shall be included in the use case
document, while B is not included. Editors of the use cases document,
can you please prepare some text for the use case and any derived
requirements that you see.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund
WG chair