Re: [rtcweb] RTP Usage: Is RTP Retransmission REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED

"Roy, Radhika R CIV (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil> Thu, 28 June 2012 14:03 UTC

From: "Roy, Radhika R CIV (US)" <radhika.r.roy.civ@mail.mil>
To: Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:03:05 +0000
x-originating-ip: [131.64.77.11]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] RTP Usage: Is RTP Retransmission REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED

If this is your personal opinion, it is OK.

However, like many others, I would not recommend this with this kind of blanket statement.

It is at all recommended, then the special circumstances under all those technical assumptions need to be noted. In this way, the RTP retransmission users will take their technically informed decisions and not to blame when perils occur.

BR/Radhika