Re: [rtcweb] Non-media data service consensus and requirements

Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> Tue, 28 June 2011 13:28 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:28:33 +0200
From: Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>
To: igor.faynberg@alcatel-lucent.com
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Non-media data service consensus and requirements

На 28.06.11 14:52, Igor Faynberg написа:
> At the interim meeting,  there was a strong argument for NOT having ICE
> as part of the browser, and I remember that no one objected.  My reading
> is that it has been the decision.

Well. I did attend the meeting but I remember no such decision or even
rough consensus. I actually remember people discussing the fact that
properly implementing ICE in javascript might be tricky due to the timer
granularity and the pacing requirements in 5245.

Have I missed something?

Emil