Re: [rtcweb] Comments to use-cases/reqs document

Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org> Tue, 12 July 2011 14:36 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:35:51 -0700
From: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Stefan =?ISO-8859-1?B?SOVrYW5zc29u?= LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Comments to use-cases/reqs document

Hi Harald,
If you define "simple" as "minimum functionality", then there should also
be a use case "not quite so simple; offer at least the user experience you
get from a Skype client today".  That use case may well turn out to be
more popular than the "simple" use case according to your definition.
However, my preference would be not to assume minimalistic use cases, but
rather tune the level of mandation of the requirements.  (So I'm in
Stefan's camp -- keeping the number of use cases reasonable)
Stephan