Re: [rtcweb] Regarding Federation Arguments

"Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Fri, 11 November 2011 05:23 UTC

From: "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 05:20:43 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.54.164]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Regarding Federation Arguments

Inaki,

Please read inline

Thanks
Partha

<partha> I thought that you would have clear after looking at my slide
on the last RTCWeb call wherein providing the standard mechanism vs low level
mechanism. IMO, your Low (freedom) based level API and standard on-wire
protocol are complementary because both serve two different purpose.
Freedom based API helps to build SIP over websocket kind of application or
Proprietary Facebook or Google based WebRTC mechanism.
But standard on-wire (say ROAP over JSON) helps folks not to look into
Protocol intricacies in the browser. It is very much possible to co-exist.
I really don't where is your concern </partha>

>So I celebrate you agree now with the consensus :)
<partha> Good that we have some common understanding after the long discussion
 </partha>