Re: [rtcweb] Proposed Video Selection Process

Stefan Slivinski <sslivinski@lifesize.com> Thu, 21 November 2013 23:33 UTC

From: Stefan Slivinski <sslivinski@lifesize.com>
To: "'creslin@digium.com'" <creslin@digium.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:28:18 -0600
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "'rtcweb@ietf.org'" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Proposed Video Selection Process

So not to confuse licensing fees with ip infringement litigation but...I should first point out that I am not an expert in this space but I have had a reasonable amount of experience in this area and I can say that many patents are so generic and rarely specific to a particular codec, there may simply be a rate control algorithm patent that has the potential to apply to any video encoder, past/present or future.