Re: [rtcweb] draft-sipdoc-rtcweb-open-wire-protocol-00 (Open In-The-Wire Protocol for RTC-Web)

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Thu, 27 October 2011 18:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:53:13 -0700
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] draft-sipdoc-rtcweb-open-wire-protocol-00 (Open In-The-Wire Protocol for RTC-Web)

I've read the draft.

I note a lot of stuff that (if it has the consensus of the WG) should
really be part of the -overview- draft, and the subsequent debate has
indicated that it seems they are reasonably close to WG consensus. I'll
try to incorporate these things in the -overview- revision.

There is some terminology I don't think I want to adopt, but we'll see
once the revision gets out.
It's unlikely that such a revision occurs before Taipei (not that much
time left this week, and discussions in Taipei may also influence
-overview-), but it's my intent to do so.

Apologies for not (so far) sending a detailed review.

One query: Who is this -sipdoc- person? It seems to be the name of none
of the authors, but since it got past the I-D submission machinery, it
is presumably an author ID.

See http://www.ietf.org/id-info/guidelines.html#naming

                   Harald