Re: BFD WG adoption for draft-haas-bfd-large-packets

"Albert Fu (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)" <afu14@bloomberg.net> Tue, 23 October 2018 21:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:44:41 -0000
From: "Albert Fu (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)" <afu14@bloomberg.net>
To: acee@cisco.com, naiming@cisco.com
Cc: rtg-bfd@ietf.org, ginsberg@cisco.com
Subject: Re: BFD WG adoption for draft-haas-bfd-large-packets

Hi Naiming,

I agree with you that BFD padding should be an option, and on per neighbor/interface basis.

For internal infrastructure consisting of mainly back-to-back links, network designers can choose to use default BFD behavior without padding (unless they want to guard against potential config error or data plane error due to HW issues). In our case, most of our links are on WAN circuits - we would like to use BFD padding to guard against Telco MTU issue.

Thanks
Albert