Re: Re: BFD w/ static routes and single-hop eBGP

Suping Zhai <zhaisuping@huawei.com> Wed, 26 October 2005 01:29 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:27:39 +0800
From: Suping Zhai <zhaisuping@huawei.com>
To: Dave Katz <dkatz@juniper.net>, bfd <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>, Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Subject: Re: Re: BFD w/ static routes and single-hop eBGP
Sender: rtg-bfd-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,
Perhaps what we, at least Pekka and me, concern is that we should have a very clear definition of what eBGP should do in order to bootstrap BFD, and what is the specific interactions between BGP and BFD session.
What I want to further to do is that as well as BGP, how the RIP(v2) should react when run with BFD, regarding to the BFD bootstrapping and interactions with BFD.
Or else there is no strict rules to run BFD in various situations, and the result will be that the interoperation become a problem. Just a few pages can solve this problem, why do we wait and see:(

Best Regards,
Suping