Re: Progressing BFD authentication documents

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Tue, 02 July 2019 18:35 UTC

Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:37:15 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Progressing BFD authentication documents

Working Group,

A followup on this item.

Currently, the status is identical to that which was last posted.  Mahesh
did make contact with Ciena IPR holders regarding the state of the license.
It is their belief that their disclosure is consistent with similar IPR
filed against BFD.  Citing two similar ones:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/516/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1419/

It also appears to be their belief that the current wording doesn't require
that a license fee is due.  However, this is private commentary.

At this point, my recommendation to the working group is we decide if we'll
proceed with the publication process.  Let's use this time prior to IETF 105
to discuss any pending issues on these documents.

-- Jeff