答复: Re: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5884 (5085)

<hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn> Tue, 15 August 2017 06:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:51:13 +0800
From: hu.fangwei@zte.com.cn
To: cpignata@cisco.com
Cc: gregimirsky@gmail.com, tnadeau@lucidvision.com, mpls@ietf.org, kireeti@juniper.net, rrahman@cisco.com, rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: 答复: Re: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5884 (5085)

Hi, I agree with Greg.

When egress LSR receices the LSP ping echo from ingress LSR, it will send the BFD control packet to establish the BFD session, which could be used to confirm the receving of LSP ping echo request. So It is not necessary for the LSP ping echo reply to report the verification.  I think it is reasonable that the LSP ping echo reply is optional.

In addition,  it is 7 years since the RFC 5884 was published in 2010.  Vendors may implement the product based on RFC5884.  If we changes the spec, it may bring the compatibility issues.

Regards.

Fangwei.

原始邮件