IETF-106 agenda?

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Fri, 01 November 2019 18:12 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 14:15:35 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Cc: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <rrahman@cisco.com>, Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com>
Subject: IETF-106 agenda?

Working Group,

A session request had gone in for IETF 106 to accommodate the need for a
possible session.  The agenda, to this point, had been left as an open
question primarily to accommodate need to close on lingering questions in
active work.  In particular, this was for two items:

- BFD for vxlan
- BFD for Large Packets

(For transparency, I am an author on BFD for large packets)

As of this afternoon, we seem to have drafts submitted that cover the known
open issues on both of these drafts.  In particular, the work to get us to
the latest draft for the vxlan document took over 150 messages.

If BFD meets, agenda time was primarily reserved to reconcile open issues on
these documents.

Discussion on BFDv2 is currently deferred for next IETF to focus the Working
Group's limited attention on closing open work.

That said, if we have other topics to consider, please submit them for
consideration.  If we have no such topics, and the discussion on the above
two drafts seems likely to conclude well over e-mail, we may consider
canceling the session.

As a final note, since Reshad is unable to make it to IETF-106, if we do
decide to continue with our meeting, we will require the commitment for a
minutes taker.  Reshad and I often will cover that for each other over the
course of a session, but I won't be able to sustain that on my own.

-- Jeff, for the chairs.