Re: Comments on draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo-08

xiao.min2@zte.com.cn Wed, 27 September 2023 01:38 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:37:41 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: gregimirsky@gmail.com
Cc: ketant.ietf@gmail.com, rtg-bfd@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo-08

Hi Greg,

Please see inline.

Original

From: GregMirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
To: Ketan Talaulikar <ketant.ietf@gmail.com>;
Cc: 肖敏10093570;rtg-bfd WG <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>;draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo@ietf.org <draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo@ietf.org>;
Date: 2023年09月27日 02:21

Hi Ketan,
Thank you for sharing your interpretation of the introduced text. I agree that your view is in line with how the scope of BFD is defined in RFC 5880:
 protocol intended to detect faults in the bidirectional path between two forwarding engines, including interfaces, data link(s), and to the extent possible the forwarding engines themselves But it is not clear to me how "liveness of a node" is retated to the definition above. I hope thr Authors will clarify that for me.
[XM]>>> In my understanding it's the liveness of the forwarding engine.
Do you expect s/the liveness of a node/the liveness of a node over the specific interface as Ketan clarified?

Best Regards,
Xiao Min
Regards,Greg