Re: WG Adoption request for draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Wed, 21 November 2018 22:28 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:27:55 -0500
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: WG Adoption request for draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand

Working Group,

After discussion among the chairs, we have decided to not adopt
draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand at this time.  Since the list response to the
adoption were positive, it is necessary to explain some of the reasoning for
this choice.

The chairs had private exchanges with individuals that did not wish to
publicly comment on their reasons for not supporting adoption.  We have
chosen to consider their comments and accept their reasoning for declining
to publicly comment.

Additionally, on more thorough review of the proposal by the chairs, it's
our opinion that the core procedures for BFD demand mode are not
necessarily in need of amending in this instance to warrant a new working
group task.  Errata would be considered for minor issues, if necessary.

-- Jeff