[RTG-DIR] Early review of draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Fri, 29 June 2018 10:07 UTC

To: lsr-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id@ietf.org, "rtg-dir@ietf.org" <rtg-dir@ietf.org>, lsr@ietf.org
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:07:25 +0200
Subject: [RTG-DIR] Early review of draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id

foo-wg-chairs@…;
draft-foo-name.all@…;

rtg-dir@…;
foo-wg-mailing-list;

RtgDir Early review: draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-03.txt

Hello

I have been selected to do a routing directorate “early” review of this
draft.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id/

The routing directorate will, on request from the working group chair,
perform an “early” review of a draft before it is submitted for
publication to the IESG. The early review can be performed at any time
during the draft’s lifetime as a working group document. The purpose of
the early review depends on the stage that the document has reached.

As this document is close to working group last call, my focus for the
review was to determine whether the document is ready to be published.
Please consider my comments along with the other working group last call
comments.

For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-03.txt
Reviewer: Loa Andersson
Review Date: 2018-06-29
Intended Status: Standards track

No issues found.

This document is basically ready for publication, but has nits that
should be considered prior to being submitted to the IESG.

I have gathered the nits in a word file that has been sent to the
authors and chairs. I also recommend that the authors take a look at
my proposed change to the IANA section.

Nits:

The nits found is that the Abstract is too raw, but as sufficient info
are available in the Introduction, this should be a simple editorial
change.

There is one sentence at the end of section that I think is ambigious.
But I leave it to the authors to update if they think it is necessary.

LSA is actually not a well-know abbreviation, and should be expanded.
However, I think it should be well-know, since this is within the
purview of the LSR chairs, I leave to them to take necessary actions
if they see fit.

I have suggested some editorial changes to the IANA considerations.

/Loa
--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@pi.nu
Senior MPLS Expert