[RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-rmr-11

Susan Hares via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 29 August 2019 09:15 UTC

From: Susan Hares via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: rtg-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-rmr.all@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 02:15:01 -0700
Subject: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-rmr-11

Reviewer: Susan Hares
Review result: Has Nits

Authors: Thank you for continuing to refine this document.
#1 - Section 3.3 paragraph 1, last sentence
old/RMR is primarly intended for operation at the packet layer;
       however, parallel links at hte lambda or fiber layer result in
      parallel links at the packet layer./

question:  Did you want to say /may result/ intead of /result/

#2 - Section 3.7 - Would be easier to read if you included a diagram.
#3 - Section 4.4 - Would be easier to read if you included a diagram

Rational for requesting diagram: You are explaining the technology
that requires additional TLVs in other protocols (IGPS)

#4 - Section 5 - (editorial only)  This one section jars the reader
to ask "why am I bothered with this section."

I understand why you want to make this clear that this point.
However, in section 1 you lay out the protocols. Do you also want to
do this here?   Either choice works technically.  However this
document is dually focused: summary of RMR concepts to
those writing future specifications and RMR to those
desiring to install these solutions.   Does this section help
those desiring to install these solutions to find the other document?