[RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07

Himanshu Shah via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 09 February 2022 00:34 UTC

From: Himanshu Shah via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: rtg-dir@ietf.org
Cc: babel@ietf.org, draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 16:34:09 -0800
Subject: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07

Reviewer: Himanshu Shah
Review result: Ready

The draft is written well and easy to follow the proposed extensions for those
who are familiar with the Babel Protocol as described in RFC 8966.

In my view,  a couple of minor updates would read better for the novice reader.

In the Introduction, section 1, last but one paragraph -
--
 We call a route towards an IPv4 prefix that uses an IPv6 next hop a
   "v4-via-v6" route.  This document describes an extension that allows

Such as -
"For hop-by-hop reachability distribution, it is important to facilitate
ICMPv4 "destination unreachable" from non-IPv4 Babel router to notify the
source about incomplete IPv4 path (i.e. dangling IPv4 path)."

Again these are suggestions to improve readability and author(s) can provide
the right text if applicable.

I must admit that I am not intimate with Babel protocol so take above
suggestions with a pinch of salt..