Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-15

Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 16 June 2020 18:55 UTC

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model.all@ietf.org, rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-15
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:55:16 -0700

Reviewer: Francesca Palombini
Review result: Ready with Issues

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-15
Reviewer: Francesca Palombini
Review Date: 2020-06-16
IETF LC End Date: None
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

the review.

Minor issues:

In the last paragraph of Section 4 there are a number of non-normative may,
should, must. I believe the last "should" at least could be normative:

>  Also, implementations should have validation to assure
>  that there is no recursion amongst nested routing policies.

(More of a question than an issue) I was surprised that all but one references
were considered normative. Is that common to consider the RFC that appear in
the model as normative references for the document?

Note that for the version reviewed, the Yang Validation for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-15 failed: err : Data model "ietf-if-extensions"
not found.