Re: AD review and progressing: draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-10

Jon Mitchell <jrmitche@puck.nether.net> Tue, 24 May 2016 02:49 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:49:34 -0400
From: Jon Mitchell <jrmitche@puck.nether.net>
To: Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AD review and progressing: draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc-10
Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-bgp-routing-large-dc@ietf.org, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>

On 23/05/16 17:33 -0400, Alia Atlas wrote:
> First, I would like to thank Jon, Petr, and Ariff for their work on this
> document.  I think it will be very useful for many who are looking at
> data-center designs.
>
> Second, I'd like to thank RTGWG for adopting this draft and working to
> improve it.  I think it is a better document than it would have been if I
> had instead AD-sponsored it.
>
> Finally, I've done my AD review and have no significant comments that
> require addressing.  I am forwarding this draft for IETF Last Call and it
> is on the telechat for June 16.  I do apologize for the delay; I am a bit
> backlogged on drafts.
>
> One minor suggestion is that in Section 8.3, it might be useful to refer to
> RFC 5837, which, if implemented, would allow a way to indicate the local
> interface an ICMP message was received on while doing IP address
> masquerading.   I believe it would solve the issue of "hiding the address
> of the entry point into the device".

Alia -

Thanks for your review.  About a week before the telechat we will submit
an updated version addressing any other comments received to date
including from some of the directorate reviews.  Your suggestion seems
like a good fit to address the issue in the last paragraph of 8.3 (if it
were available) so we will include a reference to it in that revision.

-Jon