RE: WG last call for draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement

Uma Chunduri <uma.chunduri@huawei.com> Thu, 18 January 2018 01:32 UTC

From: Uma Chunduri <uma.chunduri@huawei.com>
To: Chris Bowers <chrisbowers.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: RTGWG <rtgwg@ietf.org>, rtgwg-chairs <rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: WG last call for draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 01:32:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.209.217.75]

Hi Chris and Co-authors,

Something to this spirit before the last bullet point in Section 2.

   o   SPF computation order:  A SPF trigger can be common to  multiple IGP areas or levels (e.g., IS-IS Level1/Level2) or
        for multiple address families with multi-topologies. There is no specified order for SPF computation today and
        it is implementation dependent. In such scenarios, if the order of SPF computation done
        in A and B for each area/level/topology/SPF-algorithm is different, there is a
        possibility for a micro-loop to appear.

BR,
--
Uma C.