Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lamparter-rtgwg-dst-src-routing-01.txt

David Lamparter <equinox@diac24.net> Tue, 07 July 2015 00:05 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 02:05:05 +0200
From: David Lamparter <equinox@diac24.net>
To: rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lamparter-rtgwg-dst-src-routing-01.txt
Cc: Mark Townsley <mark@townsley.net>, Alia Atlas <akatlas@juniper.net>, Ray Bellis <ray@bellis.me.uk>

Hi rtgwg,

addressing some of the feedback from IETF 91 (Hawai'i), I've posted -01
of the dst-src-routing draft.

The major change from -00 consists of the removal of all references to
the "extra qualifier" stuff.  (That was suggesting a registry to put new
route qualifiers into, flowlabel being one of the candidates.)

As it is now, the draft simply explains SADR for a non-homenet-savvy
implementor of a routing system.  It also looks at contact areas between
SADR and other parts of the routing system, in particular its
interaction with recursive route resolution is an open question.

This functionality is used in homenet but is rather out of scope there
since it changes the way basic routing works.  Therefore, I'd like to
get this adopted as WG document in rtgwg.  I'm hoping that homenet's
decision to depend on this provides sufficient argument on the
"interest"/"need" front of things.

Feedback of course very welcome,

-David

----- Forwarded message from internet-drafts@ietf.org -----

Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 10:34:23 +0200