答复: [Apn] A new draft on APN for your review, thank you!

Feng Yang <yangfeng@chinamobile.com> Fri, 22 January 2021 07:53 UTC

From: Feng Yang <yangfeng@chinamobile.com>
To: "'Pengshuping (Peng Shuping)'" <pengshuping@huawei.com>, apn@ietf.org, rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: 答复: [Apn] A new draft on APN for your review, thank you!
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:53:30 +0800

Hi Shuping,

SD-WAN is expected to carry quite some applications over hybrid links, such as internet, mpls, etc. Only with the application information, , it is possible for SD-WAN CPE to direct the traffic over different paths according to the application requirement.

For the application information, quite some ways work properly if the traffic is not encrypted. So the problem here is how to get the application information from the encrypted packets.

Application information is the base that we can provide a lot of services. We expect to combine this with SRv6  in order to provide a new competitive SD-WAN service which can put SLA service、cloud based VAS(Value Added Service) together in a flexible way.

BR,

杨锋

Feng Yang