draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-01

<bruno.decraene@orange.com> Fri, 19 June 2015 14:13 UTC

From: bruno.decraene@orange.com
To: "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>
Subject: draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-01
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:13:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]

Hi all,

Please find below an updated version of the draft.

The principle and the proposed algorithm have not changed. But in more details, the draft has been widely reviewed as part of WG adoption with many comments received and many part of the text updated.

Main changes are:
- new co-authors: Stéphane Litkowski, Hannes Gredler, Acee Lindem, Pierre François.
- numerous reformulations to improve grammar, clarity, technical accuracy.
- Inclusion of the comments from the routing directorate. Many thanks to Mike Shand for his review and comments. Very useful.
- main technical changes
	- Addition of a section (§6 Parameters) stating that the document does not propose default values because they are expected to be very context dependent. Implementations are free to choose default value but they MUST be configurable.
	- Additional definition to clarify when the "SPF delay" applies. (The term "SPF" may be understood differently depending on people and implementations. We finally agreed on the use of the term "Routing table computation" which is for example used in OSPF RFCs)

A diff from the previous version is available at: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-01

Many thanks for all the comments received.

Bruno