Re: WG adoption poll on draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-04

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Thu, 27 October 2016 19:02 UTC

Subject: Re: WG adoption poll on draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-04
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 15:02:00 -0400
To: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
Cc: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "rtg-bfd@ietf.org" <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>

Greg,

Section 4 (of version -04) only deals with p2mp BFD and section 3 provides a unicast solution.

If your employer can issue an appropriate clarification that section 3 is not covered, it's possible the draft might be able to proceed.  Procedures in section 4 can always be covered in a different document.

(For the WGs) It's worth noting that previously both of these solutions lived in separate documents prior to merge since they covered related solution spaces.  The authors merged the proposals at the request of the impacted working groups.

-- Jeff